[Olsr-users] Malformed HELLO message?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 26 10:25:08 CET 2010

On Fri February 26 2010 09:49:47 Pavel Boyko wrote:
> I do respect your experience (an will follow this advise for sure) but
> I'm still seeking for some published research/data on real world OLSR
> networks. Could you point me some?
Maybe you should ask this on the IETF manet lists. Freifunk/Funkfeuer has not
published any research data I think.

> > It's a bug in the dijkstra implementation of OLSRd 0.5.6. It is solved in
> >  the development branch, but it's too complex to port it back easily.
>
>   Can you estimate any time frame for the next stable release with this bug
> fixed?
There will be a 0.5.7.0 release at the beginning of the next month, but this
is just the current stable together with NIIT (easy IPv4 traffic handling over
IPv6 mesh networks), smart gateways (asymmetric tunnels towards the internet
gateway to prevent gateway flapping) and some other new stuff.

As soon as the release is done we will start porting all fixes made in the
stable branch to the development version. After this development (especially
OLSRv2) can continue on the development branch.

If we are really lucky we will see a 0.6.0 (or 1.0.0 ?) stable at the end of
the year.

> Also I wonder if current development branch is stable enough to be
> used in real world installations?
It's not bad, but has not received enough testing.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE