[Olsr-users] OpenWRT OLSR on one of the Lan Ports

Kipton Moravec (spam-protected)
Sun Feb 7 06:15:10 CET 2010

I have OLSR running on my Linksys WRT54G with OpenWRT.

How do I make OLSR information go out the LAN port and link to another
router LAN port like it was an RF hop?

There are two reasons I need to do this.

First, I need to be able to change frequency channels. So Router one is
on channel 1 and router two is on channel 6 but I want them to be on the
same mesh.

Second I may want to use a ethernet wire to connect a router on the
north side of a tall building with one on the south side, but the
building prevents them from connecting together via RF.

Third, I have some point-to-point 5.2 GHz units with good size dishes,
and would like to extend the mesh to another area before it is filled in
with mesh nodes.

Does anyone have an example, or instructions of how this is configured?

Kip
--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB .- . ..... .. -...

"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
--Mark Twain