[Olsr-users] Scalability of Networks using Olsr_Switch

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 16 18:49:30 CET 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 6:36 PM, Robert Keyes wrote:

> Hello all,
> Reading this makes me wonder about the barely-utilized and non-tested parts of olsrd. One maxim for quality software is that of "Ockham's razor", meaning the simplest solution is most likely to be the true one. Is too much 'cruft' accumulating in olsrd? Perhaps only so much as is needed and tested should be included in the 'stable' branch.

Hi Bob!

this was one of the major points of the OLSR-NG code re-write.
You won't believe how many "--" commit lines we had .
The new structure is pretty lean (compared to the old one) in my opinion.

> What are the test procedures for each new release? Is there a network testbed?

real world networks (the poor funkfeuer users ;-))
and KVM virtual networks AFAIK

> Or a script which tests each option configuration to see that it doesn't crash or go crazy?

I would love to see some fuzzing BTW :)

But - this actually should be continued on the olsr-dev list IMHO. It would be more on-topic there.