[Olsr-users] P2P chat

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 1 00:35:42 CET 2010

> would encapsulate chat messages into an olsrd-broadcast

I fully understand.  I'm just claiming that hijacking an internal
network-layer mechanism in your application-layer protocol is the second
worst design I've seen on this list yet.

> it's more meant to allow admins (or some olsrd nodes itself) to push serious
> status messages into the mesh,..

Use HTTP?  SMTP?  Remote syslog?  RSS?  Atom?  NNTP?  motd?  finger?  Or
design your own application-layer protocol that doesn't incestuously
hook into internals of the routing protocol?

                                        Juliusz