[Olsr-users] P2P chat

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 1 00:07:33 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> > Markus and me have been talking about adding some kind of emergency chat
> > plugin to the master branch... we already have the necessary telnet/http
> > server there, should not be difficult.
>
> Henning,
>
> TCP/IP is a layered protocol suite.  If your chat application depends on
>  a particular routing protocol, you're doing something wrong.

we wheren't thinking about a standalone app *G
we were just thinking about extending the existing telnet cli of olsrd
(which already features some interactive commands) by one or two chat
commands (that would encapsulate chat messages into an olsrd-broadcast (-;
and print out incoming) #0

it could be a chat consisting of only a couple of lines of additional code
*G

while of  course being far from an well-designed or fullfeatured chat.

it's more meant to allow admins (or some olsrd nodes itself) to push serious
status messages into the mesh,..

or some e.g insane rooftop-warriors could type similar into a shell:
(sleep 300;echo "/chat send 'i was trying to recover one of my routers the
last storm throwed to the slippy and steep NW edge of my roof, but i failed,
please send an ambulance!'";sleep 1) | telnet 127.0.0.1 2006

Markus

#0 but as the olsrd http-server could export these commands aswell, one
could build an html/js chat "app" on top of this aswell,..
(but this and the usefulness of the result is another story,..)