[Olsr-users] DSR protocol

Rogge Henning (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 20 15:38:08 CEST 2009

Maybe the "32 max nodes" information is outdated.

Henning Rogge

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: (spam-protected) [mailto:(spam-protected)] Im Auftrag von ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2009 12:42
An: Henning Rogge
Cc: Juliusz Chroboczek; (spam-protected)
Betreff: Re: [Olsr-users] DSR protocol

> Does someone know what's the maximum number of nodes in 802.11s ? The
> last thing I heared was 32.

yes 32.

I have been reading the 802.11s documentation for a full day some time ago (in May 2009), to understand where this limited number of nodes comes from ... but I did not come out with an answer.

It would be nice if somebody that knows could explain why 32 nodes.
And I don't think it is as easy as "there is a 5 bit field to count the nodes" for example.

Saverio