[Olsr-users] Interesting syslog msgs when tap0 disappears

Eric Malkowski (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 2 03:56:52 CEST 2009

Hi Markus-

I tried this with the tip of 0.5.6 and it made the log messages go away.

The only message I get now is this one -- probably unavoidable since if olsrd is
about to call sendto() to fire off a packet and the interface gets removed right
before the sendto() actually executes, then it will certainly be trying to send
on a device that isn't there.  No big deal.

Jan  1 00:48:24 hocr-node-3 daemon.err olsrd[432]: OLSR: sendto IPv4 No such device

After getting the tunnel passing packets again, olsrd properly finds the tap
devices, routes nicely re-appear, and clients can get to the internet etc.

Thanks for having a look at this.  I would say the fix is good.

-Eric Malkowski