[Olsr-users] Specifying Hello Intervals and config files

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 20 10:21:45 CET 2009

On Fri November 20 2009 07:31:58 Bhat, Ishwara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I need to specify hello timer value while starting the OLSRd what is
> the best way?
Setting the value in the config file (if you mean the HELLO interval).

> I know that I can do it in the following ways:
>
> 1.	Specify -hint <seconds>  while starting OLSRd. Since I need to
> specify my special config file, I will specify the command line as olsrd
> -f /etc/myConfig.conf -hint 3 - tcint 15.

> Question:
> What happens now? All params will be picked from conf file and then the
> specified ones (hint and tcint) will be taken from command line
> arguments?
I think the command line options specify the "default" intervals for ALL
interfaces. So you have to leave the values out of the configuration files.

> 2.	Have multiple olsr.conf files pertaining to each setting I
> desire.
>
> This would result in too many files. I do not prefer this.
But it would be a clear sollution.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE