[Olsr-users] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] A peer-reviewed assessment of OLSR, BATMAN and Babel

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 8 02:08:48 CET 2009

> I would have liked to see a comparison with OLSR.org default settings
> (ETX metric) instead of hopcount metric.

Agreed.

Note however that this doesn't entirely explain why OLSR collapsed in
their tests.  If you look at table I, you'll notice that in the case of
node Babel did choose the shortest hop-count route, and Babel and OLSR
exhibited similar levels of route flapping; in other words, in this
particular test ETX and shortest-hop coincide.  However, Figure 2
indicates that OLSR's throughput was half that of Babel, and in
Figure 3, OLSR's packet delivery ratio was just 75%.

                                        Juliusz