[Olsr-users] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] A peer-reviewed assessment of OLSR, BATMAN and Babel

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 8 00:35:39 CET 2009

I would have liked to see a comparison with OLSR.org default settings
(ETX metric) instead of
hopcount metric. As Henning already pointed out, hop count metric is
not useful at all and was long abandoned.

Nobody in our freifunk/funkfeuer networks actually uses hopcount and
therefore we could achieved mesh sizes of 1000+ nodes *in practice*
with OLSR.

a.

>>> 4. They ran the routing daemons with the default parameters.  This