[Olsr-users] Olsr-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 20

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 2 07:50:35 CET 2009

> - Do we have any AAA mechansim
[...]
> - I checked the scure plugin which is using MD5.

I think you're confused.  Securing routing traffic has nothing to do
with user authentication.

> Can I know that for what purpose we can use the existing secure
> plugin.

It is designed to guarantee authenticity and integrity of routing
traffic.  However, it is mostly a proof of concept, since it only
supports shared key authentication using MD5.  (I'm also not sure
whether it correctly protects from replayed messages.)

I hope it is clear to you that merely authentifying routing traffic is
not enough to provide secure communications (think ARP, DNS or whatever),
and that in any case this has nothing to do with user-level authentication.

> - We have started working for some defence project for MANET

I suggest that you employ a competent security consultant, then.

                                        Juliusz