[Olsr-users] Link Cost figures

Alex Masidlover (spam-protected)
Wed May 13 15:00:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

Where can I find an explanation of the LinkCost figures presented by
the http info plugin; normally we get (1.000/1.000) 1.000 - however on
one network of 18 nodes we have recently had one node 'drop off' the
mesh with no apparent explanation, I can ping between it and the
neighbouring node, but the routes do not propogate and the link cost
shows as (0.987/0.000) INFINITE.

I've no idea how to investigate this further so pointers to
documentation would be appreciated. We're running Version: olsr.org -
0.5.6-r3 (built on 2009-03-14 17:44:38 on matrix) on Debian Lenny.

Thanks in advance,

Alex Masidlover

--
Technical Director - Zednax Limited
W: http://www.zednax.com

Zednax Limited is registered in England and Wales, Company no. 05321754.
Registered address: Meadow House, Meadow Lane, Nottingham, NG2 3HS.
Zednax Limited is VAT registered, VAT registration no. GB 855 4468 92.