[Olsr-users] Favorite Madwifi drivers, patches and settings for Adhoc?

Derek C (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 20 00:11:41 CET 2009

Hi Sean,

I've had better luck with ahdemo mode (no network splits but no security
either...).

I've had lots of problems with diversity settings with various hardware
including WRAP x86/CM9 cards and Ubiquiti NS2 units -I still don't know
what the right settings are really and sometimes setting diversity to 0
seems to be ignored because I see the txantenna and rxantenna numbers
jumping around anyway - it eventually seemed to work so I looked the other
way :s.

I've settled on kamikaze 8.09_rc1 (rc2 and the new stable releases caused
me a nightmare and lots of lost days with not being able to make one node
ping a very nearby node so a problem with madwifi versions maybe?) - this
is weird and I should really look into it a bit more.

Derek