[Olsr-users] Favorite Madwifi drivers, patches and settings for Adhoc?

Sean (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 13 00:55:15 CET 2009

Hello,

I wanted to get some info on how people are implementing OLSR with
Atheros chipsets and adhoc. I have been messing around with settings and
drivers. So far I have seen some improvement with madwifi-hal-testing.

http://madwifi-project.org/wiki/news/20080829/new-hal-release-for-atheros-hardware

Some settings I've seen so far:
    iwpriv ath0 mode 3                  #force 802.11g mode
    iwpriv ath0 bgscan 0                #turn off background scanning
    iwconfig ath0 ap 02:ca:ff:ee:ba:be  #force bssid to prevent network
splits

    disable diversity (especially if you only have one connected antenna)
    sysctl -w dev.wifi0.diversity=0
    sysctl -w dev.wifi0.txantenna=1
    sysctl -w dev.wifi0.rxantenna=1

    or this, depending on your card