[Olsr-users] OpenWRT Compilation

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 3 12:12:57 CEST 2009

> I am running olsrd on a few Linksys WRT54G3G APs using OpenWRT. In order to
> compile any changes I make to olsr I currently have to recompile the entire
> OpenWRT image and reflash the boxes. Can anyone tell me how I can just cross
> compile olsrd so I can just transfer the executable over and run it please?

If you are using the olsrd from the package feeds do as following:

to clean the package:
make package/feeds/packages/olsrd-clean V=99

to compile again only the package:
make package/feeds/packages/olsrd-compile V=99

in the bin folder you will find the new ipkg

If you are using a olsrd from another feed, it is exactly the same,
but you have to use the folder where you have olsrd

anyway if you give a deeper look at the OpenWRT wiki this information
was there !

Saverio