[Olsr-users] OLSR for windows cannot find interface names

Ulrich Herberg (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 27 14:08:24 CET 2009

Hi,

I encountered a problem on the windows (Vista) version of olsrd. When I
started the GUI client, there was some error in the GetIfTable()
function. (Unfortunately, I do not have the computer at hand where the
error occurred, so I do not remember the exact error message).
Apparently, olsrd cannot get the interface information/names of the
network cards. The same error occurs when calling "olsrd -int". Do you
have an idea what that could be?
I also tried to get the Windows interface name using Wireshark (this
long string similar to {abcdef-hijklm-...}). I replaced the interface
named "GUI" in the olsrd.config file to that string but it did not find
the network interface.

Ulrich