[Olsr-users] Topology Set Fields

Bhat, Ishwara (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 22 10:34:29 CET 2009

Henning,

1. So LQ and NLQ are really for forward and reverse links between the two nodes?

2. What does the value in link quality signify ? Is there any relation between LQ or NLQ and values like RSSI or Received Channel Power Indicator ?

3. If the Wi-fi card reads certain dBm value when it receives a packet from the neighbor, how is this translated to the LQ value ?

4. ETX: Expected Tx Count .. I understood how this is calculated. What is its significance?
Does it tell us how many retires are required? Or it is a normalized value indicating the path cost ?

5. In topology set, do we indicate hop count anywhere ?

6. About "UP", please see the attached snapshot. I used 0.5.6-rc1 version and I get the screen like that. Also it lists "ILQ" not "NLQ". Is this meant to be NLQ itself?

 Should I use different version of OLSRd ?

7. And, I browsed the code little bit. In tc_set.h I saw 2 structures. I was hoping to find mapping between the fields topology set shown on the console and the structure. But could not figure this out.

Please tell how the console's mapping with code.

Thanks
Ishwar