[Olsr-users] low signal and dropping default route

Derek C (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 22 01:00:48 CET 2009

Hi Aaron,

Yes - I think you are right.  I've been playing around with the nodes this
evening (I've asked people not to unplug them) and signal is the problem
(its a non-line-of-sight problem really).  I'm going to fix it early next
week.

But this [default route dropping due to poor connection] has got me
looking at olsrd.conf settings again.  Do you know if there is good
documentation on the OLSR "TcRedundancy", "MprCoverage" and "LinkQuality"
directives?

I was reading up the man pages but some things confuse me (like it says in
the olsrd.conf man page that, for MprCoverage, it "Defaults to 1 , and any
other setting will severly reduce the optimization introduced by the MPR
secheme".  Whats funny/strange is that I had this set to 2 without having
any idea why!

thanks,

Derek