[Olsr-users] Best way to set up a secure mesh network?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 19 08:34:45 CET 2009

Am Monday 19 January 2009 08:25:21 schrieb pat w:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question regarding the creation of a secure mesh network.  I'm
> using two Linksys
> WRT54GL's (v1.1) and have tried using a few different firmwares with little
> success --
> OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09, DD-WRT v24, Freifunk v1.6.36.
>
> I need advice on which of these would be the best to create a mesh with
> WPA2-PSK
> encryption and if possible, any other tips to get it up and running.
WPA2-PSK is not supported well for adhoc mode by wpa-supplicant. I heared you
can set a simple "shared group key", but thats all.

Of course you could just use IPSec/VPN to apply the security on a higher
layer.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)