[Olsr-users] olsr and streaming

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 19 00:31:16 CET 2009

> if routes change then tcp connections and streams eventually break, correct,

I think you're confused.  When routes change, IP addresses remain constant,
so TCP connections will not break.

> so the question i have is im wondering if olsr supports SCTP,

OLSR works at the network layer, and hence any transport-layer protocol
will work over it, including SCTP.

If you're referring to the multiple-endpoint support of SCTP, then

1. you don't need it, since IP addresses don't change when routes change;
2. some people believe that the transport layer is the wrong place to
   implement multihoming.

                                        Juliusz