[Olsr-users] olsrd fisheye settings

Derek C (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 17 00:58:32 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm running a very basic test network and really just using the olsrd.conf
defaults (i.e. not much in there at all).

Having said that it is working absolutely fine.

I would like to be able to develop a scalable system that could support a
great deal of nodes.

I know there is the memory size limit on the size of the routing table and
also there is the traffic generated when the olsrd nodes need to keep
their routing table updated.

Does the olsrd fisheye settings help with scaling to a large network?
Does it help in reducing the overall network (route announcement) traffic
and does it not help with the issue of the routing table size?.

thanks,

Derek

Derek C
In Ireland