[Olsr-users] OLSR Gateway & HNA Question

Bhat, Ishwara (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 16 14:01:56 CET 2009

Hi,

I am continuing an old thread. Please answer my question below on HNA configuration.

"" usually, you have that case when you run dhcp on your wireless interface
while running olsrd on the same wireless interface.

so you have to announce the range of you dhcp-server per HNA to announce
the route back.
if your dhcp range is outside of the iprange used in the mesh network,
you might need an alias ip and and a resulting netroute to that interface.""

You are saying that we can provide a range of addresses within the same network number in HNA entry? How do we do that ?

I checked the olsr.conf we have provision to give only a network address, not any range of addresses.

I also checked hna_set.c and the header. The structures there do not seem to indicate that possibility.

Please elaborate on how this could be done.

Thanks,
Ishwar