[Olsr-users] Compatible network adapters for ad hoc networking

Derek C (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 18 21:09:01 CET 2009

Hi Breno,

I had a *lot* of trouble with atheros/madwifi in adhoc mode.  When I
switched to the madwifi ahdemo mode things improved a great deal.  With
ahdemo mode there is SSID - only the fixed frequency selection.  This
didn't bother me.

I think adhoc modes cause problems when signal becomes poor (even for
short periods like dropping nodes?) and then the network breaks into two
(the different BSSIDs you saw I think).

Derek