[Olsr-users] Using different LQ algorithms

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 3 14:01:38 CET 2009

> Depends on the LQ algorithm you use.
>
> etx_float and etx_fpm use an exponential moving average, so they consider an
> "infinite amount of hellos".
> etx_ff considers all OLSR packages (not only hellos) within the last 16
> seconds.

Ehm ... I read this email and I got pretty scared :)

At Ninux.org we have some tens of nodes speaking OLSR, all with
different versions. From 0.4.x going on up up to the latest shipped
with the trunk of OpenWRT.

Last weekend I went to install a new node, and OLSR was acting really
funny with a neighbor node that was shipping and older OLSR version.

At this point my question is:

I always believed that different versions of OLSR where supposed to
work consistently, but now that different algorithm are implemented,
are different version still compatible ?? What is the default
algorithm assuming standard config file ?

Saverio