[Olsr-users] Link Quality Fields

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 3 10:04:38 CET 2009

Am Tuesday 03 February 2009 09:53:09 schrieb Bhat, Ishwara:
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Please tell if there is any reason for fixing etx_ff's window to 16 second.
Because I thought it would be a good value to test the new metric.

> Can't this be configurable?
Yes, it could be made configurable. But when I wrote etx_ff there was no way
to have parameters for each of the link metrics (except creating new global
parameters). So the 0.5.7 version of etx_ff might get a configuration option
for this.

> For instance when we use OLSR for control applications involving mobile
> sensors, such field would be very useful. Different sensor networks have
> different field topology & scenarios, response time etc. In such
> applications flexibility with link decision greatly helps.
Yes.

> And with etc_fpm, what is the purpose of averaging from infinite Hellos ? I
> thought this helps only if mobility is low. But applications where each
> node is highly mobile, then considering say 2 minute old hellos would not
> be appropriate..?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_moving_average#Exponential_moving_average

It's not just an "average" over an infinite hello intervals.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Maurus Tacke (komm. Vors.), Prof. Dr.-Ing.
Joachim Ender (Stellv.)