[Olsr-users] OLSR Questions

Randy Buck (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 30 17:28:20 CET 2009

Happy New Year!
I have some questions that I'm hoping to get some help with.  Thanks.
Randy

1) Why does the debugging output show INFINITE for ETX when it has computed
values for NLQ and LQ?

2) When OLSR deletes a route and then adds a route, why is there sometimes a
delay of 2+ seconds between deleting and adding?  This could severely impact
TCP performance.

3) Why does OLSR sometimes change route when the mesh has no traffic?

4) Why does OLSR change routes when it gets only a minimal cost improvement?

5) Why are routes either very good or very bad (cost of 68)?  Where does
that high cost come from?  Is 60+ OLSR's definition of INFINITE?

6) Why does link quality vary from very good to infinite for two nodes that
are adjacent?