[Olsr-users] OLSR v0.5.6-r7 incompatible to v0.5.5 ??

Michael Rack (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 9 20:57:47 CET 2009

Am 09.12.2009 17:33, schrieb L. Aaron Kaplan:

> Well, let me say , of course you technically can use OLSR for that of course (but please turn on ETX in that case).
> I just want to maybe help in finding out if you need a meshed setup at all or not (note: not that I am trying to discourage you)....

Ok, i will turn on ETX. I disabled ETX because i thought, that ETX
calculation results in a low responding to find and recalculating new
routes.

> Are these the only devices in your network? And is the setup static?

Yes these the only devices in my network. The setup is most static, but
nodes can be added and removed without to care about the routing.

I can use every routing-protocol thats free on the market. But i have to
carry about that: The routing-protocol must run on Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
(dd-wrt software) for my STA connections. I have the skills to
cross-compile sources for mipsel if that is required.

OLSR is easy to configure. When it is possible, i like to use OLSR in
future. I've tested B.A.T.M.A.N, but there was a lot of problems i got
not rid of it.

Michael.