[Olsr-users] OLSR v0.5.6-r7 incompatible to v0.5.5 ??

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 9 17:33:29 CET 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Michael Rack wrote:

> Am 09.12.2009 11:04, schrieb Henning Rogge:
>> You said you had only ethernet and VPN connections... okay, so you HAVE
>> wireless connections too.
>>

> I know, that my setup is a little bit confusing.
>
> I've attached a picture of my topology.
>
> One Node is a group of "Access-Point", "Gateway" and if available a "Backup-Line" / "Direct Connection" to other subnets / nodes.
>
> So, OLSR only sees ethernet-devices and don't know anything about my wirless-devices.

Thanks for the drawing, that helps *a lot* in understanding.

Well, let me say , of course you technically can use OLSR for that of course (but please turn on ETX in that case).
I just want to maybe help in finding out if you need a meshed setup at all or not (note: not that I am trying to discourage you)....

Are these the only devices in your network? And is the setup static?

a.