[Olsr-users] Intemediate node packets forwarding confusion

(spam-protected) (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 19 06:20:45 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have 5 machines running the Fedora core 5. I have fitted the 3 NIC in
each machine and connected to each otherwith cross cables.
I have compiled and installed the olsrd (olsrd-0.5.6-r5) at each
machine.

Do we need any other physical device OR Software for making the demo so
that we can show the demo with client and server (video/adudio chat)
running at two different nodes (PC1-clinet--->PC2-intermediate
node---->PC3-serveror video exe) and in case of any intermediate node
(PC2) faliure the video should start through the different path
(PC1-->PC5--->PC3)via other intemediate nodes as the below shown setup?

Please find the below proposed schemes of experiment. If anybody has
done the same Please reply me with the method.

        Normal communication from PC1 to PC3 via PC2 (PC1->PC2->PC3)
        ----------------------->
        PC1--------PC2------PC3
         |          |     /    \
         |          |   /     /
         |          | /      /
         |         /|       /
         |       /  |      /
         |     /    |     /
         |   /      |    /
         | /        |   /
        PC5---------PC4/
        and in case of PC2 node faliure the path is changed to PC1 tp
PC3 via PC5 (now changed to PC1->PC5->PC3)\

Questions:
1. Is there any need of extra H/W or S/W to do this setup?
2. I am in confusion that how the intermediate node (PC2) will forward
the packets? DO we need to include any other S/W or application OR if we
run olsrd then PC2(intermediate node) will take the packets from PC1 and
forward to PC3.
3. If anybody has done the similar setup/demo, please reply. Any
help/clue is really appricated.

Thanks to all in advance.

Regards
Vijai kumar