[Olsr-users] olsrd overhead

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 7 16:54:22 CEST 2009

> I think the 1000+ network they did by activating a layer-2 VPN between FF
> Berlin, Halle and Leipzig had 30 kb/sec protocol traffic.

I'm a little confused.  If I remember correctly, the figures given by the
Vienna people were somewhat larger than that.  Could you please confirm
that there's no typo in the figures above?

By the way, what is the best way to measure the amount of protocol traffic
in a live mesh ?  The amount of protocol traffic generated by Babel depends
on where you are in the mesh, so I'd need tools that can measure on
a wireless interface, not only on a point-to-point tunnel.

                                        Juliusz