[Olsr-users] Proposal: Use just one socket to send and receive messages on all interfaces

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 10 14:24:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 04:24:53AM -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
| Which is exactly what I meant and why a way to specify which
| interface to use for an outbound message is a requirement when
| one wants to use only one socket for all olsr traffic (to get
| back to my original proposal).
|
| Are we in agreement?

we are in agreement that it is inefficient to build messages
with a global scope once per interface. however, before we can change
that to a per-node build one needs to work on a flooding subsystem
a flooding subsytem could then make use of your "replication" trick.

/hannes