[Olsr-users] Mobile robotics

Nelson Gonçalves (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 2 12:07:12 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:02:18 +0200
Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> If you need network wide flooding/broadcast of messages, the
> BMF-Plugin might be a sollution (if you put OLSRd even on your
> ethernet connected computers).

No, no flooding or broadcasting is going to be used.

I just want to use olsrd routing capabilities to do inter-process
communication (IPC) , where processes can be running in different
computers and the computers can use different mediums. I already have a
working solution for IPC when processes (identified through a unique
key) are in the same computer. The idea is to use olsrd to route
messages when the process ID is not found locally. I would assign to
each olsrd also a unique key and must write a plugin that whould work
only on my message type.

I looked into olsrd because it can route messages in MANETs, wich are
frequent in mobile robotics. But I don't want different solutions
with wireless and fixed connections. From the perspective of a process,
it is irrelevant where it is physically running.

Nelson

--
"But all excellent things are as difficult as they are rare"

 Bento Espinoza, Ethics

Nelson Gonçalves
Instituto de Sistemas e Robótica - Lisboa
Instituto Superior Técnico
Telef: (351)218418088
Email: (spam-protected)