[Olsr-users] [Fwd: Re: Received HNA from NON SYM neighbor]

Derek C (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 25 00:01:05 CET 2008

Hi Aaron,

Actually, as it happens, this time around I'm using olsrd_dyn_gw plugin on
my gateway node rather than a Hna4 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 route

so you could be right - I'll test again in a minute with the Hna entry and
NOT using the dyn_gw plugin

Derek

On Mon, November 24, 2008 10:51 pm, L. Aaron Kaplan wrote:

> ach my god! I think I spotted the problem!
>
> Can you confirm that when you use the config as below it does not
> work but as soon as you take out the line:
>
> Hna4 {
> 0.0.0. .....
> }
>

> it will work again?
>

> a.
>

> On Nov 24, 2008, at 11:46 PM, Derek C wrote:
>

>> Hi guys,
>>

>> There is something wrong with that config I was using (as per
>> bottom of the email).
>>
>> When I cut down my olsrd.conf to nearly nothing I get my default
>> route ok.
>>
>> I'm not sure where the problem is yet (fisheye maybe?).  I've have
>> to add items back in one by one until I find the problem.
>>
>> Anyway - I'm back working with OLSRd which makes me very happy :)
>>

>> Derek
>>

>> On Fri, November 21, 2008 5:55 pm, Derek C wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Aaron,
>>>

>>> One of my tests is very simple:  I have one x86 (WRAP) box
>>> connected to the Internet with a single wireless card/antenna and I
>>> have a box board with just the wireless card.
>>>
>>> By putting in a static route on the 2nd box I have Internet access.
>>>

>>> I'm using the same OLSRd configuration in both boxes EXCEPT that
>>> on the 2nd box I have the Hna4 section commented out.  I'm not using
>>> the dyn_gw plugin.
>>>
>>> If you'd like I can copy & paste HTTP info text and debug output?
>>>

>>> The configuration file I'm using (2nd box with Hna4 commented out) is
>>>  below
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Derek
>>>

>>> # Debug level(0-9)
>>> # If set to 0 the daemon runs in the background
>>>

>>> DebugLevel      0
>>>

>>> # IP version to use (4 or 6)
>>>

>>> IpVersion       4
>>>

>>> # HNA IPv4 routes
>>> # syntax: netaddr netmask
>>> # Example Internet gateway:
>>> # 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
>>>

>>> Hna4
>>> {
>>> 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
>>> }
>>>

>>> # HNA IPv6 routes
>>> # syntax: netaddr prefix
>>> # Example Internet gateway:
>>> #Hna6
>>> #{
>>> #     ::              0
>>> #    fecb:ab:ed:: 48
>>> #    fecb:ff:dd::dd:d 48
>>> #    fec0:2200:106:: 48
>>> #    fec0:2200:106:0:0:0:0:0 48
>>> #}
>>>

>>> # Should olsrd keep on running even if there are
>>> # no interfaces available? This is a good idea
>>> # for a PCMCIA/USB hotswap environment.
>>> # "yes" OR "no"
>>>

>>> AllowNoInt      yes
>>>

>>> # TOS(type of service) value for
>>> # the IP header of control traffic.
>>> # If not set it will default to 16
>>>

>>> #TosValue       16
>>>

>>> # The fixed willingness to use(0-7)
>>> # If not set willingness will be calculated
> [...]

Derek C
In Ireland

Derek C
In Ireland