[Olsr-users] olsrd secure pluging - timestamps

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 17 00:35:02 CET 2008

On Nov 15, 2008, at 1:16 AM, Derek C wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does the OLSRd plugin depend on the date/time clock ? or purely on the
> keyfile ?

it does have some gettimeofday() calls there, so yes, it is safe to
assume that times should be sort of synchronized.
C.f. line 555 of lib/secure/olsrd_secure.c

But if you test the secure plugin... the funkfeuer/freifunk networks
don't use that code base as far as I know of.
So this plugin could use more testing.

> I'm guessing that the date/time is important for routers without
> any clock
> battery

you are correct! You probably want to run ntpd on them anyway since
very often it is practical to compare log files. Just from my
personal experience.

Hope it helped,
a.