[Olsr-users] operating rate in ETT ?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 14 08:14:21 CET 2008

Am Friday 14 November 2008 08:04:24 schrieb Nguyen Lan:
> Henning Rogge wrote:
> > Eric just let you choose a fixed bandwith for each link and multiply it
> > with the ETX value (which is buggy in olsrd v0.5.4 AND v0.5.5 codebase).
> > You can do the same with the normal olsrd 0.5.6-r2  and the use of the
> > "LinkQualityMult" parameter.
>
> So if I correctly understand, operating rate of a links has to be
> manually set in the current implementation of olsrd (for instance ver.
> 0.5.6-r2). Is it right ?
At the moment you have only ETX... you can set custom "link quality
multipliers" to each link, but you won't get ETT.

> At the moment do you have any other solution to solve it. Estimate the
> link rate automatically somehow ...
Estimation of the link rate is a little bit difficult, especially because many
links don't carry unicast traffic most times. At the moment we are looking for
code which will read bandwith/signal strength and similar layer2 data from the
OS.

If anyone knows the necessary API on WINDOWS to get signal strengt and
bandwith for each adhoc link, please contact us.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)