[Olsr-users] Simple Setup Example/Instructions?

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Mon May 26 18:10:14 CEST 2008

On May 26, 2008, at 5:50 PM, Schumi Imor wrote:

> Hello,
>   Are there any simple examples or instructions on setting up a
> small test of OLSRd  on three laptops? What is the best way to test
> the simple functionality of olsrd?
>
> example: Setup Adhoc on three PCs, then what? put them linearly
> apart from each other so that PC1 can't connect to PC3 without help
> of PC2? Then what run a simple ping would do?
> Any simple functionality test or setup instructions?

yes, that would be a test.

you can also block traffic from node 1 to node 3 via blocking it's
mac addr. Then you have to route thru node 2.

be sure to use a current version of olsrd (tip) and tell use any
bugs. Also be sure to use a current olsrd.conf file.
A good starting file is: files/olsrd.conf.default.lq-fisheye
Be sure to adapt the intervalls to lower values since you will want
more mobility in your test setup.

That actaully is a good critique... I should really write something
for the web page.
Thanks!

a.