[Olsr-users] 802.11S

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Fri May 16 21:49:29 CEST 2008

No!

please imagine you have 20 wifi routers. You plug them all into one
switch.
They magically all communicate because "the switch handles that".
802.11s is the switch. That it uses mesh algorithms inside is great.

In addition the wifi routers talk olsr on lyaer 3. so they will form
a network. Usually (if you configure olsr like that ) on all interfaces.
That will result in two connections from every node to every other
node.  one wifi connection on layer 3 mesh and one layer 3 mesh over
"the switch" which happens to be a layer 2 mesh.

Now imagine you pull apart the layer 2 switch and make it wireless.
Well, then you have 802.11s

maybe a picture would help.

anyway... need to catch sleep.

a.