[Olsr-users] OLSR Client

Jan Groenewald (spam-protected)
Tue May 6 10:28:47 CEST 2008

Hi

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 10:57:48PM -0700, Tariq Meeran wrote:
>    The clients are in the ad hoc mode, but the association does not take
>    place. Do I need to run OLSR in the client machine? I tried with something
>    called OLSR switch, but it didn't work.

Is it association or dhcp that is not taking place?

DHCP: You can do either of

1) run OLSRD on the clients, which conbsumes more batteries and CPU,
is an effort to set up

2) Use OLSR-DCHP, here is the nvram variable,
note the mesh range is 172.18.0.0/16, and that the
OSLR-DHCP range fits inside this.
ff_wldhcp=172.18.172.40/29,255.255.255.240
The clients then run ad-hoc mode, but get
dhcp from the mesh routers which implements the OLSR-DHCP.

Association: On linux laptops, ad-hoc is not always well implemented,
and there are problems with drivers using the wrong IBSSIDs (ad-hoc
version of BSSID). See this thread:
http://freifunk.net/pipermail/wlanware/2008-March/001902.html
AFAIK windows didn't have this problem though.

regards,
Jan

--
   .~.