[Olsr-users] OLSR Client

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Tue May 6 10:19:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

the first thing is to establish an ad-hoc connection - which depends on the windows driver (most of 'em ar buggy in terms of ad-hoc). Do this:

1) configure fixed mesh ip for windows wifi-adapter
2) scan for wifi networks, click on ad-hoc essid
3) ping the wrt (start->command line->ping 1.2.3.4)

If ping does not work try another wifi adapter. Throw current wifi adapter to rubbish bin. If ping works, start olsr-switch (use "shift-run-as->administrator). Watch out for neighbours. Wait for routes. Enter "route print" (should show a lot of mesh routes).

To support "dumb & lazy clients", you can use OLSR-DHCP. WRT acts as DHCP client and integrates dumb&lazy using NAT. Read (and dig!) http://wiki.freifunk.net/Freifunk_Firmware_%28English%29 If the work "netmask" is new to you try a google search on this term first...

// Sven-Ola

  "Tariq Meeran" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:(spam-protected)
  Dear all,

  I am working on a mesh network using Linksys WRTGL routers with friefunk firmware loaded. I have three of these routers and the routers are running on OLSR and the mesh between the routers are working fine. But when I am trying to connect client machines (which are windows xp and vista), they can't associate with the routers through wireless interfaces, while the wired interfaces (LAN interfaces) are working fine, Can anybody help me regarding this?

  Regards,
  Tariq