[Olsr-users] EIGRP...

Florian RODARY (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 13 23:21:47 CET 2008

Actually I think you're underestimating firms like Cisco ;)
They often develop their own protocols, sometimes eventually leading
to a normalization.
If they think OLSR protocol can serve their business plan, they will
not hesitate to implement it.

The current paradigm in WLAN networks is to centralize ressources
(lightweight AP bound to a wireless controller), mainly because of
security planning and ease of management. Cisco utilizes LWAPP, Nortel
SLAPP, and IETF tries to promote CAPWAP (based on LWAPP).

I know I'm off topic, but the ubiquitous wireless environment doesn't
seem to please network majors :(

Regards,
Florian