[Olsr-users] EIGRP...

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 13 23:12:45 CET 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 10:58 PM, John Clark wrote:

> Aaron Kaplan schrieb:
>>
>> On Mar 13, 2008, at 9:59 PM, Florian RODARY wrote:
>>
>>> I believe OLSR is not supported in Cisco IOS, if you do a search in
>>> the feature navigator : http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/
>>> index.jsp
>>> One workaround would be to redistribute the routes in well known
>>> routing protocol in the edge node just before the Cisco router. Then
>>> you'll be able to redistribute those routes in the IOS.
>>>
>> out of curiosity: how much work would it be to integrate it?
>>
>> the code is BSD licensed BTW... (you have to leave out one plugin
>> though)
>
> What code are you refering to??? olsrd... or something that allows
> redistribution into
> an EIGRP based network?

I am not speaking about spreading over host routes wildly into some
EIGRP network in case you were refering to that. That would hardly
make sense.

But I am thinking loudly if it would make sense for them to actually
support that RFC. I believe they will want to have more mobile
devices in the long run... but again... I might overestimate a big
corporation's ability to adapt to change.

At least one of their little baby brands already got quite famous
based on olsr and mesh routing
over here in Europe at least ;0

a.