[Olsr-users] Mesh Networks Research Group

David Gascón (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 18 23:39:52 CEST 2008

Dear Mr Chroboczek,
>   - there's no information about the routing protocols that you use;

If you take just 1minute and take a look to the Development section you
can find all the information you need:
http://www.meshlium.com/index.php?language=english&page=development&tab=2

and if you take one more minute you will discover special thanks to the
OLSR team:
http://www.meshlium.com/index.php?language=english&page=development&tab=9

>   - there's no information on how you integrate link diversity into
>     your routing protocol (the one tricky bit with double-radio nodes);

answered before
>   - there's no information about your time synchronisation protocol
>     (if you're using NTP, then there's an obvious bootstrapping
>     problem between the routing protocol and NTP, which you don't  mention);

In this article you can read that we use two methods:
http://www.mesh-networks.org/index.php?page=0816916949
    -ntp server
    -gps universal time

> More seriously, there is no information whatsoever about solutions
> others than your own, not even a marketing comparison.

as I pointed in the original mail this a task to be performed by the
incoming group, which is now being created (let us some time to post
about it and you will find out more information)
> Considering that what you have is a marketing site for your company's
> products, and not a very good one at that, I am not quite sure what it
> is that you are offering that's relevant for this list.
We are just offering a common place to create real mesh projects (you
know for people -not only paper theory-).
One of our main tasks (as you can read in the group philosophy:
http://www.mesh-networks.org/index.php?language=english&page=the_group)
is to give support and promote projects for developing countries. We are
currently working for some in South America.

By the way, we are a SpinOff working group from the University of
Zaragoza (Spain). We don't have investors or supporters apart from
researchers and students who continually work to promote the open source
platforms and to make them able to be more than just source packages.

best.

David.

--
Proyectos    : http://www.laotracara.com