[Olsr-users] Probleme with GTK interface (Unknown packet type)

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 3 20:17:12 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:08 PM, PAtrick Gerber <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> For my project I need a Qt  GUI for olsrd. So I will develop myself one Qt
> GUI based on the GTK one.
> I have compiled the GTK GUI for testing the communication but very often I
> have the following error message:
>
> Unknown packet type 201
> Unknown packet type 202
201/201 are the Hello/TC-Packets for ETX mode. Might be that noone
updated the gtk gui for ETX...

> Do you know why ? I think that the GUi version is not in accord with the
> olsrd version but I have compiled both from 0.5.5 source archive.
> Do you have any idea for solve this probleme or do you have an Qt GUI or a
> lib for accessing olsrd by IPC ?
The easiest way to access the data of olsrd might be through the
txtinfo plugin. There is an IPC system, but I don't know how you
access it.

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)