[Olsr-users] how to install olsrd secure plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 9 08:14:08 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag 10 Januar 2008 06:35:58 schrieb Victor:
> Hi Henning, Fabio
>
> Yeh this is the contents of my conf file in kamikazi

looks fine at first look

> Infact on some further investigation of the kamikaze version I realised
> that the nodes were sending out packets OLSR packets of type 10 (Ie hello
> is 1, TC is 2 etc)? Is that it?
The olsr-secure plugin use four new messages:
type 10: (must be last message of an olsr package)
  encrypted signature and timestamp of a package
type 11:
  authentification, step 1
type 12:
  authentification, step 2
type 13:
  authentification, step 3

> But the thing was that the message size was
> only 36 bytes long and if you subtract the 12 byte olsr message header, the
> packet is too small to the be signature message which is 28 bytes.
36 bytes sounds really to short.

4 bytes for package header
12 bytes for message header of signature
24 bytes for the flags, timestamp and the signature itself
( I think the time_t is a 4 byte value)

but why should olsrd try to send out an empty package ?
do you have a hexdump of the package ?