[Olsr-users] Received HNA from NON SYM neighbor

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Sat Dec 6 23:12:33 CET 2008

On Dec 6, 2008, at 9:26 PM, Derek C wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Sorry I didn't get back to you - I was too Lazy to find the fault
> (yet - I
> will).

No problem. I am busy anyway :)))

> I know it was either my settings in the interface(s) part of
> olsrd.conf OR
> it was turning the fisheye switches on.

Hm, someday - it would be cool to get to the bottom of this and find
the reason.

> I did go for OLSRd for my deployment and, so far, its working
> really well.

nice to hear. People over here are putting a lot of work into
debugging and improving :)
As with all software, there is a hard maturity cycle involved ;-)

> I am planning (hopeful) of having a large mesh network (>100 nodes)
> and
> that's why I was adjusting (up) the settings for the wireless
> interfaces
> in olsrd.conf - I think I'll need to re-visit this soon.  Currently
> I have
> less that 10 units up and running and all is ok with the default
> settings
> (no directives in the interfaces section in olsrd.conf).

ok. May I ask : is this a community network in Ireland or a pure test
network?

> I will update the list when I work out more
>
> and thanks for all the help so far

you are welcome!
Makes me happy when the work we all put into it is beneficial for
folks out there.
On the other hand - feedback, constructive criticism and good bug
reports  are our fuel and that keeps us running :)

Best,
a.