[Olsr-users] Using multiple radio cards

Derek C (spam-protected)
Sat Aug 9 11:37:44 CEST 2008

Hi Victor,

My "holy grail" would be multi card, multi frequency AND high speed MESH
nodes that don't suffer from bandwidth halving due to repeating which
normal single radio MESH nodes.  It seems to me if I'm going to try to
make a new network I really should try to get the speed up (now that
ADSL2+) is almost ready to go from the telephone providers.

thanks,

Derek

On Sat, August 9, 2008 10:34 am, Victor wrote:
> Hey Derek,
>

> Maybe I'm not getting what you're trying to do but...If all the cards are
>  going to be driven by the same computer then whats the problem? All
> three radio cards act as an interface of that particular node! So there is
> only ONE node and a single node (no matter how many interfaces) doesn't
> need to mesh with itself.
>

> Btw, I still have serious doubts about having 2 5Ghz (or 2.4Ghz) cards in
>  the same box regardless of the types of antennas you are using. My
> undergrad thesis was on building multi channel nodes and I read a lot of
> literature and in fact had a lot of heart ache with dealing this problem.
>
> Victor

Derek C
In Ireland