[Olsr-users] scew (skew)

aaron (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 6 10:55:53 CEST 2008

Bob Keyes wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to set up olsrd on OpenWRT kamikazee 7.09, using a gateworks
> avila board. It's been quite challenging so far.
>
> I've had to remove the openwrt startup script for olsrd, because it does
> wierd things, it has trouble processing its own config file. So, I am just
> starting it with my own config file, as olrsd -f /etc/olsrd.conf.

yes, currently the openwrt startup scripts try to make it work via the
UCI config files.
Just please remove them for the moment until I came around to test it
well  and fix the supplied startup scripts.
A simple olsrd -f /etc/olsrd.conf -d 0  in a new , fresh
/etc/init.d/olsrd file will be just fine.

> I am running into trouble with timestamps. The Avila board has a RTC, but
> it seems like OpenWRT is unable to use it. hwclock, from BusyBox, can't
> find the device. Perhaps there's some kernel module I need? Any help on
> this would be most appreciated.

hm? AFAIK we mostly use relative time...I don't quite understand yet
where you need timestamps. Maybe you can explain?

> So, I have tried to set the time on each boot with ntpdate. But there's
> still some skew somehow, I get error messages such as:
>
> [ENC]Received timestamp 1217992474 diff: -1
> [ENC]Packet from 172.17.1.151 OK size 32
>
> But then there will be sudden screenfuls of this error:
>
> [ENC]Timestamp missmatch in packet from 172.16.1.151!
> [ENC]Rejecting packet from 172.17.1.151
>

> (this is running with a debug level of 1).
>
> How do I fix this?

sounds like a problem with ntpd, no?

> If there's anyone else who would like to work with me in fixing the olsrd
> packages for openwrt, drop me a some private email and we can work
> together. I am also loitering about ont he #olsr channel on
> irc.freenode.net
>
> Also, there is now word 'scew' in English, as far as I know - it should be
> 'skew'.

better than with an "r"

:)

take care,