[Olsr-users] scew (skew)

Bob Keyes (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 6 05:08:27 CEST 2008

Hi,
I am trying to set up olsrd on OpenWRT kamikazee 7.09, using a gateworks
avila board. It's been quite challenging so far.

I've had to remove the openwrt startup script for olsrd, because it does
wierd things, it has trouble processing its own config file. So, I am just
starting it with my own config file, as olrsd -f /etc/olsrd.conf.

I am running into trouble with timestamps. The Avila board has a RTC, but
it seems like OpenWRT is unable to use it. hwclock, from BusyBox, can't
find the device. Perhaps there's some kernel module I need? Any help on
this would be most appreciated.

So, I have tried to set the time on each boot with ntpdate. But there's
still some skew somehow, I get error messages such as:

[ENC]Received timestamp 1217992474 diff: -1
[ENC]Packet from 172.17.1.151 OK size 32

But then there will be sudden screenfuls of this error:

[ENC]Timestamp missmatch in packet from 172.16.1.151!
[ENC]Rejecting packet from 172.17.1.151

(this is running with a debug level of 1).

How do I fix this?

If there's anyone else who would like to work with me in fixing the olsrd
packages for openwrt, drop me a some private email and we can work
together. I am also loitering about ont he #olsr channel on
irc.freenode.net

Also, there is now word 'scew' in English, as far as I know - it should be
'skew'.