[Olsr-users] route instability

Gian Maria Giani (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 12 19:13:09 CEST 2007

We have some problems with a network running OLSR v.0.4.10, in that the
routes are not very stable.

The problem seems strange. The main points are:

-          the network contains 10 nodes. They are in fixed positions.
Each

node has about 3 neighbours, and the maximum distance between nodes is 3
hops.

-          the routes are not stable. If one observes the routing table
of

one node in a given moment in time, and then observes it again after
some seconds, many times the observed routes are different

-          this seems related to the fact that some neighbors are listed
as

non-symmetric (they appear as symmetric for some moments, then appear as
asymmetric, then again as symmetric)

-          the percentage of lost packets over these asymmetric links,

however, is 0% in both directions

We have already tried in many ways to solve the problem... in particular
we have increased the validity time of hello messages up to 60 seconds,
but the problem is still there. Any idea?

Thank you

Gian Maria Giani