[Olsr-users] Dual Mode Operation: One WLAN interface for both 801.11 infrastructure & OLSR?

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 5 09:25:42 CEST 2007

Hello,

fiddeling with the multi-bss feature of madwifi will cost you devel time and
you may need some kernel hacker skills too (especially ibss and ap
concurrently). If you don't know how to debug kernel drivers you will not
have much success I fear. Nothing you can blame olsrd for...

You may try nbd's patchset (on top of an upcoming newer hal version - maybe
avail in madwifi-0.9.4++ if they think it's stable). Which can be found in
the openwrt/kamikaze source repo. Kernel oopses and matching patchsets are
welcome there - or on madwifi bugtrack.

Tip: the init sequence (first ad-hoc then ap) is more a bug than a feature.
Check out the beacon handling on chip level - which is a bit dirty if you
dig in <ggg>

// Sven-Ola